Saturday, October 18, 2008

It is that time...

And despite the apparent torture, I think I love it. I can't know right now because it hurts too much... oh, the sense of impending failure...
It's midterm time again, and though I've finished all but one for now, this one will be the hardest.
I've *heard* third-hand that Dr. Juroe, professor of my Restoration British Lit. class, is actually not a hard professor as far as tests and papers go; he just assigns a lot of reading. I only know about the reading part right now. Every week (it's a Monday evening class) he gives us hundreds of pages of dense Restoration-period philosophy, satire, political commentary, and literary criticism disguised as innocent English reading. We've read two plays and maybe 20 poems; beyond that, everything else is serious stuff.
The trick will be how to absorb, between now and Monday night, the ideas and key elements of each writer's different works and how they interact with each other and the period as whole.
I'm going to get back to that- with a short break to make a phone interview for a Collegian article- until the orchestra concert, but I just wanted to show you the snapshot of my Saturday =)
My class notes, textbook with margin writing, a brownie that Kiernan brought to our study session, and tea from home. And the sunny view of the gorgeous October day outside the classroom window. Mmm...



p.s. Kiernan made a study guide of her notes from class and her own reading. I love her.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I hope your head doesn't burst with it all, and that somehow you can enjoy many bits of the literature despite trying to assimilate so many things at once. I am sure that you will do well. :)