Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Been So Busy...


Isn't Mason GORGEOUS? Heehee, sorry, I can't help it. He's just as beautiful to ride as he is to look at. Quite a workout, because he's so big and moves with such big strides; he needs to be picked up and encouraged to carry himself like the warmblood he is. But when he does, he just floats.

Besides riding, which I confess I haven't done as much as I could wish, I've been busy helping plan for this year at school. I can't believe I leave on Friday; it's been a long and wonderful summer of spending time with my family, and planning for this year! There are so many new ministries we're beginning at school, and some that I am just joining. Here is what I'll be doing:

Bible Studies- I'm the coordinator for the small groups in my dorm, which mostly means that I know and pray for the needs of the four small groups that we have so far. I'm there to keep them from burning out while they pour into their groups and keep themselves learning while they teach. MB and Natalie will also be leading a group, which I'm sort of co-leading with them- I know they will do a wonderful job, but they think they need my help, so I'm their cheerleader :)

The Furnace- An discipleship group that I love. There are just ten or so of us; we meet on weekends for accountability, Wednesday nights for Bible Study at Pastor Steve's house, Thursdays once a month for HCF, and Friday mornings for prayer before class.

Pray/Fast- A new ministry that I am so excited about! We (anyone on campus who wants to) will be fasting one day a week, spending that day praying and worshipping and reading the Word. We'll meet together to do this instead of going to meals, and of course be praying on our own throughout the day. Money from the meals not bought will go to a fund for community work, so we can be a self-funded group and help people in Hillsdale who need things like food, money for certain needs, etc. I'm really excited about starting this and I know it will be challenging. :)

Missions Trip to Amsterdam!! This one deserves a special post, especially since I still have homework to do.... :P I'll tell you all about it soon. :-)

No comments: