Sunday, September 9, 2007

Brothers In Christ

This weekend, two of Paul's best friends, Jason and Elliot, came to visit. They came Friday night and stayed until today after church, and I was allowed to spend alot of time with them. ;) Paul brought them by Olds on Friday when they got to his house, since I was on duty for a little while before the Garden Party (informal first dance of the year), and then they left to get dinner.
They are good boys; I really enjoyed the weekend with them. Elliot was asleep when I went over on Friday night after the dance, but I was able to talk with Paul and Jason. Then Saturday evening I went over while they were making dinner (yummy chicken alfredo) and spent the evening with them. We ate dinner, played jungle pong (like ping pong), and talked for a few hours.
It may sound funny, but after living in a dorm full of girls, it was refreshing to be around boys with their weird humor that cracks me up and their funny brotherly way of beating each other up :P. But best of all was that all three of them desire most of all to put off the things of the world and be like Jesus; it was so refreshing to my spirit to be around them and hear them talk about growing spiritually and what they've learned since last time they saw each other. They truly give meaning to "brothers in Christ", and I felt like thier sister in Christ (well, Jason and Elliot's ;) ). I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with my favorite boy and his close friends, and I hope to see alot of them in the future. Jason may come live with Paul for the last month of our semester, since Kettering gets out a month before Hillsdale; I would like that. Jason encourages, challenges, and loves Paul in a way that is sweet to see and be around.
So far, it has been a good weekend. Paul's mother and grandma are coming for the day today, and I may meet them. We'll see ;)
Now I have to go read Exodus and part of Leviticus... never get behind in Old Testament class! But I'm content to get to work now. God is so good. :)

No comments: